Monday, October 8, 2012

Spielberg and Williams: Movie Magic In The Making

My love of movie maestro John Williams' work is a long and storied one. It began with me seeing The Empire Strikes Back as a wee one, then having my mom continually take me to the Wheaton Public Library so I could check out all of Williams' soundtrack LPs.

Eventually, like any of my favorite Beatles songs, I could similarly recognize most of Williams' work from just a few random notes. Case in point, I was just at Hollywood's Magic Castle this past weekend and was taken out of a show for a moment when I realized they were using an obscure portion of score from Jurassic Park.

With that in mind, it goes without saying that the clip embedded below brought me a lot of joy this morning. In it we see Steven Spielberg and Williams working out the now classic, but at the point this was recorded yet-to-exist, score to Spielberg's masterpiece E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment